6 Weeks Old ~ November 28, 2011

Monday, December 19, 2011

Charlee's First Halloween

Charlee was 2 weeks old for her 1st Halloween.  I looked high and low to find her a costume, but I refused to pay $40 for a newborn costume so I decided to create my own!  Yep, you guessed it, she’s a HOOT OWL!  I bought her little beanie off Etsy and then stuck a onesie on her with a homemade tutu and some feather clips on her feet from Hobby Lobby.  It was perfect and very cheap!  Most of all it was made with love from her mommy!  I got her all dressed up to sit in our living room…I know ridiculous, but she’s so cute and she has to have a costume on her first Halloween no matter how old she is…right!?  We had our porch lights turned off because

(1.) We didn’t have any candy and
(2.) We didn’t want to be around other kiddos with germs. 

Little kids are germ infested and we are just trying to keep Charlee away from children until she’s 8-10 weeks so her immune system is a little stronger.  Some people might say we are being overly cautious, but we don’t care because we just had a child who spent 8 days in the NICU at St. Vincent for lung and breathing issues.  So we just sat in the dark basically watching the kids run by our house and then we went to bed!  That’s as exciting as it gets folks!  Here are some pictures of our little Hoot Owl…
Charlee May - 2 weeks old

No comments: