6 Weeks Old ~ November 28, 2011

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rude People = Miami

So I finally got to check in my room this afternoon and as soon as I did, I changed out of my "travel clothes" and took the $10 round trip shuttle to the Dolphin Mall. That place let me tell ya is HUGE! I had about 2 hours to shop and of course I didn't even make it around to even half of the stores. They had this really cute store similar to Forever 21 but even cheaper!!!! It was called Love Culture? Never heard of it but I loved it! I will tell you what I didn't love.....the people! The last time I checked, Florida was a part of the south but I guess southern hospitality doesn't apply in Miami. These people are extremely RUDE! First, about 90% of the people here are from different countries and don’t speak good English (or pretend not to speak English). I got turned around in the mall and asked a lady who runs one of those booths in the middle of the mall (you know the ones that try to sell Proactive face wash and cheap jewelry…) Anyway, I asked her where the food court was located and as she rolled her eyes and said “No speak English” (in perfectly good English I might add). Now how are you going to have a booth and harass people into buying hair straighteners, but not know how to speak English? RUDE! People just run into and walk in front of you without ever saying excuse me….I don’t know, Miami has just rubbed me the wrong way. Let’s just say I probably won’t be back to visit anytime soon. Tomorrow morning I am free to roam again and then the conference starts at 1pm. It’s supposed to be pretty tomorrow and there is a marketplace area within walking distance so I’ll probably go there in the morning. I am about to hit the hay due to my early start today. Plus I’m an hour ahead here and it’s 10pm. Past bed time!

No comments: