6 Weeks Old ~ November 28, 2011

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Cleaning Lady

I remember as a little girl that we had a cleaning lady that cleaned our home. I’m not sure how often she came to clean, but I do remember that the day before she came Mom would make us CLEAN! Yes that’s right…“Girls, it’s time to clean your room Trish is coming tomorrow!” I’ve never really understood that until now! With my new job I am a member of the Chamber of Commerce and we have two monthly meetings. That is where I met Tammy. She is the owner of a company called Cottage Care. It is a cleaning service company that comes in and cleans for offices as well as residential homes. I was just curious in getting a quote on cleaning our 2500sq ft home so I asked her about it! Now don’t get me wrong I LOVE to clean, bbbuuuttttttt……..I really don’t enjoy doing the “detail” cleaning. It just takes FOREVER to do and I end up spending my whole Saturday cleaning. I can clean the living room for two hours. (I have a problem I know!) I can't stand clutter and on top of that I don’t think that the floor is cleaned until I get on my hands and knees and scrub! I got the quote back and discussed it with Josh and we decided that we would have Cottage Care come in once a month to clean the whole house for a “detail” cleaning job. (In the meantime I will be doing the weekly cleaning and daily chores.) Our house has been put on the schedule and the cleaning people will come the first Wednesday of every month. Next Wednesday they come for the first time and I can’t help but want to clean for the cleaning lady. What’s wrong with me!?! Oh well I guess I'm crazy like my mom! :) I am very excited because our first visitor is going to arrive just in time for the brand new CLEAN house! Lori (AKA Tooter Poot) has a teaching conference next Friday so she is coming to Little Rock and staying with us. I believe that she will be here Wednesday evening so the house will be super fresh for my baby sister! (I know Lori could care less but whatever!) I’ll let you know how good of a job they do….it shall be interesting since I’m tad bit picky!

No comments: