6 Weeks Old ~ November 28, 2011

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kids These Days

“Godtalk”….What have we signed up for???? This past summer, Liz (one of our Sunday School Class members) had asked if anyone wanted to help out with the youth group on Wednesday nights. Not only were Josh and I the only ones who volunteered, but little did we know that we would be LEADING the youth group. Oh and one more thing, we are doing this every Wednesday night until May 2010.
There are two youth group directors: Chad leads the High School kids and Liz leads the Junior High kids. We have so many kids in the youth group that they needed two more people to help out. That's were Josh and I come in…I am with Chad and the High School kids & Josh is with Liz and the Junior High kids.
Liz is about to have a baby so Josh is taking over while she is on maternity leave…ha! But he does have some help, Chad’s sister Amy is going to be with Josh. Next Wednesday the high school kids will be splitting up. Chad will have the boys and I will be leading the girls. This should be interesting!
They call Wednesday night youth “Godtalk”. This is an opportunity for the youth to search harder, dig deeper, and explore further the plan that God has laid out for them. It is really an honor to hang out with these kids. I wish that when I was in youth group I had someone like me to be the teacher. I at least like to think of myself being “young and hip” even though I’m probably not! I’m not really sure if they like us just yet. They really don’t talk to us very much…but it’s only been a few weeks so they are just warming up; I hope at least! It’s really neat and inspirational to hear these kids’ views on the Bible. They know the bible and even though they whisper and chit-chat during the lesson, they are listening somehow. I did have to take away a cell phone last week and got some dirty looks, but hey it is church and you don’t need to be on facebook during the bible study. It’s rude! Anyway, many more stories to come in the school year ahead….

No comments: